Czech Republic - an overview
International Conferences in Central Europe on
Computer Graphics, Computer Vision
and Computational Mathematics
(ACM, ACM SIGGRAPH listed)
is to be held as a part of the WSCG 2017
25th WSCG on Computer Graphics, Visualization and Computer Vision 2017
to be held in Plzen [Pilsen], the European Capital of Culture 2015, Czech Republic
The City, where the best BEER was born (that is why beers are called "Pilsener" worldwide)
close to Praha [Prague], the Golden European City of the Europe
May 29 - June 2, 2017
Primavera Hotel & Congress Center, Plzen, Czech Republic (www.primaverahotel.cz)
Vaclav Skala, University of West Bohemia, Plzen, Czech Republic
>>> SUBMISSION deadline January 20, 2017 <<<
>>> Submission is OPEN - CLICK HERE <<<
>>> This is a link to a Google script - it is a SAFE link <<<
>>> The code for a registration request will be sent via @mail soon <<<
>>> if not dedelivered within 5 mins., check the SPAM folder <<<
WSCG & GraVisMa & HCI-Europe 2016 Attendees
Greetings of the WSCG 2016 & GraVisMa 2016 & HCI-Europe 2016 attendee - video
WSCG & GraVisMa & HCI-Europe 2016 proceedings
via http://www.wscg.eu => Digital repository
Would you be willing to help us as a REVIEWER?
>>> If YES, please, fill the this PDF Form [store it, fill it, send it]. Please, felll free to suggest good reviewers<<<
The best reviewers are strong candidates for the Program Committee board, which is updated continuously.
The GraVisMa conferences have roots in the WSCG conferences (http://www.wscg.eu) held since 1992 in Plzen, Czech Republic every year, with special sessions oriented to Computer Graphics, Visualization and Computer Vision and Applied Mathematics.
Due to the growing demand in interdisciplinary aspects of Computer Graphics, Visualization and Computer Vision with Mathematics (applied and pure, it was decided to initiate GraVisMa conferences as independent conferences. Recently held conferences were in 2009 in Plzen and 2010 in Brno, Czech Republic.
Plzen, Primavera Hotel & Congress Center
|Procedings (common with WSCG 2016) available at
Brno University of Technology
Brno, Czech Republic
(Indexed by Scopus)
(Indexed by Scopus and Thomson Reuters/WoS)
GraVisMa conferences mission
- GraVisMa events are a unique forum of researchers, practitioners, developers and academia experts to discuss new approaches and methods in Computer Graphics, Computer Vision, Scientific Computation, Medical, Scientific and Information Visualization (and relevant fields) with application of the latest developments in Mathematics and Physics and vice versa.
- Goals of the GraVisMa are to bring Projective Geometry, Geometric Algebra and Conformal Geometry to practice, especially in the fields related to Computer Graphics and Vision, Scientific Computation and Visualization.
- GraVisMa brings new impulses to related fields of computer science, especially in development of new approaches and algorithms and will stimulate research activities between mathematicians and computer science experts.
Informal atmosphere of the GraVisMa stimulates scientific discussions between researchers and practitioners, which will lead to further research international collaborations and project proposals as well.
Useful link to resources: http://GeometryAlgebra.zcu.cz
|Workshop or special session proposal||December 20, 2016 via e-mail to skala##kiv.zcu.cz|
|Abstract submission||January 5, 2017 (recommended only)|
|Paper submission (formatted full text)||January 20, 2017 21:00 GMT(London, U.K.)
|Acceptance decision||April 20, 2017|
|Final version||April 30, 2017 - NO EXTENSION !!|
|Venue (expected)||May 29 - June 2, 2017|
GraVisMa submissions are expected in all areas related to Computer Graphics, Visualization, Computer Vision and Mathematics related to (but not limited to) Projective Geometry, Geometrical Algebra, Conformal Geometry and its applications to "Computer Science fields:, but not limited to.
Main topics (but not limited to)
|Computer Science||Mathematical fields||Interesting applications|
Drafts of all papers presented papers will be available on-line at the GraVisMa site with no access restriction.
Final papers will be published in proceedings after the conference.
Accepted and presented full & communication papers and posters will be published in proceedings as a part of the Computer Science Research Notes series [ISSN 2464-4617] in an electronic form after the conference.
Printed version will be made for indexing purposes only.
The best selected papers will be published in the regular Journal of WSCG, ISSN 1213-6972
(see http://www.WSCG.eu => Digital Repository).
Journal of WSCG [ISSN 1213-6972 (hardcopy), ISSN 1213-6964 (CD version), ISSN 1213-6980 (on-line)] and Computer Science Research Notes [ISSN 2464-4617] will be sent for indexing to Tompson Reuters/WoS-ISI, SCOPUS, INSPEC and others for citation indexing and other purposes.
Workshops and Special sessions
Meshless Methods in Computer Science, Engineering and Mathematics
Organizer: Prof. Vaclav Skala, http://www.VaclavSkala.eu, Head of the Center of Computer Graphics and Visualization, http://graphics.zcu.cz/, Department of Computer Science and Engineering, Faculty of Applied Sciences, University of West Bohemia, Plzen [Pilsen], Czech Republic
E-mail: Submission to: firstname.lastname@example.org subject: GraVisMa 2016
Standard computational methods across many application fields require tessellation in 2D or 3D using triangular or tetrahedral meshes. Tessellation itself is computationally expensive especially in higher dimensions and result of computation is again discrete and physical phenomena are not smoothly interpolated. Meshless methods are scalable for higher dimensions and offer smooth final representation. Meshless methods lead to a solution of system of linear equations, in general. The applicability of meshless methods can be found in several areas.
The workshop is intended to exploration of theoretical foundations and applicability of meshless methods,
Main topics (but not limited to):
- Meshless methods in computer graphics, vizualization and computer vision
- Meshless methods in engineering problems
- Meshless methods - theory and practice
- Meshless interpolation and approximation of large data sets
- Radial Basis Functions (RBF) in computer graphics, visualization, image processing and computer vision
- Meshless methods and projective space
|Travelling Instructions||How to get
your paper accepted
|International Program Committee
& Board of Reviewers (GraVisMa 2015 Board)
(GraVisMa 2017 - Agreements pending)
| NVIDIA Czech Republic
|University of West Bohemia
Plzen, Czech Republic
GraVisMa Accommodation Booking
Primavera Hotel & Congress Centrum
Approx. 10 mins. to the Plzen City center by public transport
Rooms - breakfast included
Single from 1790,- CZK
Email your accommodation booking
We recommend to select Primavera Hotel & Congress Center.
Plzen [Pilsen] public transport scheme
Preliminary GraVisMa 2017 conference schedule
- Monday, May 29, 2017 - Registration, Technical Sessions
- Tuesday, May 30, 2017 - Technical Sessions
- Wednesday, may 31, 2017 - Technical Sessions
- Thursday, June 1, 2017 - Technical Sessions
- Friday, June 2, 2017 - Trip to Prague (optional) & Departures
Conference dinner is to be held on Wednesday may 30, 2017 (not included in the conference fee).
Raffle in which you can win valuable gifts is a part of this event.
Tickets are available at the registration at a "symbolic" donated price approx. 10-15 EUR also for accompanying persons.
Recommended activities before or after the conference
Plzen city offers many very historical places and opportunities to visit
- Guided tour to Pilsen Urquell Brewery and to the Brewery Museum
- Climbing to Plzen St.Bartholomew's Church tower
- ZOO and Botanical garden
- Prepare your personal tour - self guided
or you can spent additional days visiting (all places are easy to reach by coaches - approx. 60 mins.):
- Discover Czech Republic - http://www.czech.cz/en/Home-en
- Karlovy Vary (Carls Bad) - famous spa in Czech Republic (direct bus connection - 60 mins.)
- Marianske Lazne (Marien Bad) - famous spa in Czech Republic - (direct train connection 40 mins.)
- Praha (Prague) - the Golden City of the Europe
(direct connection to Zlicin bus station - 60 mins. + 20 mins. METRO to the city center
- Karlstejn Castle - the famous castle close to Pilsen and Prague (direct train connection - 60 mins.)
See also additional info WiKi
- Plasy Monastery